Professor, Ph.D, DSc.
Department of Mathematical Analysis
RESEARCH and PROJECTS
MEMBERSHIP IN EDITORIAL BOARDS AND CONFERENCE COMMITTEES
PRIMARY RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Modeling and simulation in plasma and laser physics and engineering
- Mathematical modeling in environmental science
- Theory and applications of finite difference methods for ordinary and partial differential equations, singular problems
- Applied computational statistics
- Application of predictive data mining techniques
- Intelligent software technology
SECONDARY RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Scientific computing
- Mathematical optimization and its applications
- ICT, programming, expert systems, information systems, software engineering
- innovative technologies in mathematics education
- Project leader: 2015-2016, "Innovative fundamental and applied research in computer science, mathematics and education training", grant NI15 FMI-004, Scientific project, Plovdiv University -NPD
- Project leader: 2013-2014, "Integration of IT in the research studies in mathematics, computer science and pedagogy of education", grant NI13 FMI-002, Scientific project, Plovdiv University -NPD
- Project leader: 2011-2012, "Development and application of innovative ICT for the implementation of quality competitive scientific research and modernizing education at the Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics", NI11-FMI-004, Scientific project, Plovdiv University -NPD
- Contact person of the east European university mobility network CEEPUS - project CII-HU-0028-03-0910 - Active Methods in Teaching and Learning Mathematics and Informatics, 2009-2012.
- Contact person, 2009-2011, Leonardo da Vinci III - Transfer of innovation project “Establishing Web Based Mathematical Learning System (WEB-MLS), 2009-TR1-LEO05-08701.
- Contact person, 2009-2011, Leonardo da Vinci Partnership project “Building up virtual mathematics laboratory”, 2009-1-TR1-LEO04-05414.
- Project leader: 2009-2010, "Statistical and mathematical models in planning experiments of metal vapor lasers with improved characteristics”, RS-2009-M13, Plovdiv University.
- Project coordinator: 2008-2010, “Interfaculty distributed center of e-learning”, funded by Plovdiv University, grant IS-M4.
- Project leader: 2006-2010, Development of software products for computer simulation of physical processes in the gas discharge with uses in small and medium size enterprises, NSF Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science, grant number: VU-MI-205/2006.
- Leader of the Bulgarian team: 2006-2008, Leonardo da Vinci Pilot Project, European Commission, grant number: SK/06/B/F/PP-177436, European Virtual Laboratory of Mathematics (EVLM) http://evlm.stuba.sk, http://www.fmi-plovdiv.org/evlm
- Project leader: 2007-2008, NPD - Plovdiv University, grant number: 07M07, Mathematical and information modeling of impulse and gas lasers
- Project leader: 2005-2006, NPD - Plovdiv University, grant number: 05M47, Numerical study of the characteristics of high-frequency plasma
- Project leader: 2003-2004,
Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science and the World Bank,
grant number: 12002
Creation of Laboratory of professional interactive systems in mathematical education
- Project leader: 2003-2005,
NPD - Plovdiv University, grant number:
Modeling of metal vapor lasers
- Senior personnel:
2003, Phare No BG 0004.03.058, Center of Market Economics - vocational training, Plovdiv
- Beneficiary: 2005, Socrates GRUNDTVIG 3 course: ‘European project planning and management’, Florence, Italy
- Scientific secretary: 1984-1988, grants of the Bulgarian Ministry of Education, Carrier center at Plovdiv University